The Video Game Trophy Room: Episode 58 - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest


NES: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
In the words of the Angry Video Game Nerd "this game... is the unholy fuckness." and indeed it is. If I didn't know where to go based solely on the fact that I played this game before, I'd have NEVER finished it without a guide. It's fucking impossible. Nothing is self evident, and the people in the towns don't tell you ANYTHING. As a kid I cleared 3 castles... so getting that far this play through I actually remembered. Watching the nerds videos I got the rest. Even with all that I just BARELY got the good ending. If my fight with Dracula had taken about 30 seconds longer, I'd have gotten the other ending where Simon dies. And maybe that would be fitting. Because I died. And died. And died. And died. I jumped into water, and died. I was gangraped by enemies and died. I think ironically the only things that never killed me were the bosses themselves. Everything else was like death trap after the first castle.

Either way, victory is mine, this game is beaten, and I will never play it again.

posted by themoogle at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home
Archives