The Video Game Trophy Room: Episode 83 - Kirby Super Star


SNES: Kirby Super Star

Well what can I say about this one? Firstly I am not even sure I should count this as one game. It's really 7 separate games in 1, each with their own play style and story, but I they are bundled together in such a way that it requires you to beat them all in order to 100% the cartridge.

This one took me quite a bit of time, especially getting the last two percent. I went ended up playing through a few of the games more than once because I wasn't sure why I hadn't gotten 100% after I had beaten them all.

Turns out there were a few secret exits in one game that I wasn't aware of but I eventually got it sorted and as you can see 100%. This is a pretty great game and will give you quite a few hours of pleasure. It was almost a bit -too- easy with the amount of power ups and healing available before most boss encounters and the fact that Kirby can just hold block and for the majority of boss fights take no damage. Despite that, the non-linear games such as The Great Cave Offensive and to a lesser extent Milkyway Wishes provide quite a bit of challenge.

I've always wanted to 100% this one so I am happy to have done it today. If you're looking to kill a few hours with the SNES and looking for a lesser-known game to take up your time, check this one out.

posted by themoogle at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home
Archives